My best friend Lindsey is having a BABY!!! I’m going to be an Auntie!!! You guys, you have no idea how long I’ve been waiting to use the phrase Auntie Hannie….
Lindsey and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember. Even though our friendship was separated by an ocean for a while, she has always been there when I need her. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding and she was one in mine. She is one of the most kind, loving, generous, kind-hearted people I know. I cannot be more excited for her and this new part of her life.
With Mother’s Day being this weekend, and my sweet Lindsey on my mind, I wanted to collect a list of gifts to give new mothers. So I went to the internet, fellow bloggers, and friends who have had kids. I asked them their favorite gifts and am sharing them here with you!
The list is divided into two groups, for Baby and for Mama. As much as the baby needs new things (clothes, toys, inter-galactic space travel, etc), Mama needs a couple things too!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on what that means, read here.
- Clothes for varying ages, not just newborn. A lot of time moms recieve one size of clothing. But as that little body grows, they’ll be going through clothes quickly. Keep in mind that mom might appreciate a variety of sizes.
- Stroller with all terrain wheels, especially if you’re the outdoorsy-type. Take your stroller wherever you go!
- Baby Carrier. This one and this one were both suggested as great lightweight carriers. Keeping your baby close to your heart.
- Pre-Packed Diaper Bag. Giving mama a pre-packed diaper bag gets some of those essentials out of the way so she has everything she needs. Some recommendations: diapers, nursing cover, blanket, socks, burp cloth, diaper rash cream, and wipes.
- Rock ‘N Play. This was suggested SO MANY TIMES! Mom’s love a good Rock ‘N Play. It gives mom a chance to have a break and get Baby off to dream land.
- DexBaby Womb Sounds Lamb. This Buddy Womb Sheep helps alleviate some of the anxiety of bed time by incorporating sounds of the womb and mom’s heartbeat. Helps mom and baby to sleep better at night. Also check out ZazuKids toys as well (you can choose a donkey, dog, sheep, bunny, and koala).
- Owlet Baby Monitor. The smart sock that lets you keep track of you Baby’s heart rate and breathing from your phone. Pretty expensive, but highly recommended.
- Muslin swaddle blankets. This one comes in a three pack and has FOXES on them!! This one by SwadleDesigns has hedgehogs!
- Moby Wrap Baby Carrier. Comes in charcoal grey and olive.
- Honest Company Diapers. Super cute print and they deliver to your door! Check out their subscription bundle.
- Bello Body. Some amazing herbal skin and body care. Plant based, pure and undiluted, and made without synthetic or artificial ingredients. Check out some of their products for Mama & Babe.
- Baby Book service. Snapfish or Shutterfly both make gorgeous photo books that are perfect for mom to keep throughout the years.
- Meal Kit Gift Cards (like Hello Fresh, Blue Apron, etc.), so mom doesn’t have to spend so much time grocery shopping and cooking. Check out my post on Hello Fresh and why it might be the best gift you could ever give a new mom.
- Mani/Pedi Certificate. Mom deserves to get her toes done!
- Massage Gift Card. I would definitely recommend Massage Envy, they are the BEST!
- House-cleaning service, either before or after the baby. This was suggested multiple times. Mom is tired! She doesn’t want to be cleaning the house right now…
- Bath Salts. I would definitely recommend Village Naturals Therapy. You can get a variety pack here that works WONDERS!
- Magnesium oil spray for constant aches. This one with Dead Sea minerals.
- Postpartum Products. For all the aftermath.
- Mom Washer by Frida
- Earth Mama Herbal Perineal Spray
- TendHer Reusable Perineal Cooling Pack
- Earth Mama Organic Herbal Sitz Bath
- Mama Bird Box. A monthly subscription box for Mama Birds with 4-6 different pampering items (such as stretch mark lotion, special teas, snacks).
If any moms out there have suggestions or things I might have missed, go ahead and leave me a comment! I’d love to know what YOU loved! Happy Mother’s Day!